Friday, June 5, 2015

Our pigs and one goat.

This is our pigs and one goat in the new lot we just finished building for them.  We still have  a lot of work to do, we need to build shelter for them, and a couple of other little things.     We do plan on make it bigger, I just want to get them out of the barn, so they could have plenty of  room.   We had a durco boar, yorkshire gilt(she hasnt had a litter yet of piglets) and a hereford/durco gilt(she is the little one).  I hope to find a couple more to raise. I would like to have abour 7 or 8 breeding sows for the boar. Well that is my future plans anyway.  I chose the spot for the lot, because is cool and close a creek so I can get water for them. We feed them a 16% hog feed mix.  They seem to be doing good on it and like it.  We have raise pigs off and on for 10 yrs.  We had just gotten of it for about a year or so, I was having some health issue.   I missed raising them, so now I'm trying to get back into it.




No comments:

Post a Comment