Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dinner and making homemade biscuits

I made homemade biscuits, fried deer meat, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans and fried green tomatoes.
 Just some of my canning from last year.  Makes for a quick dinner.  
Finished dinner. 
Frying up some of the green tomatoes I canned last year,  I rolled them in some of the cornmeal I grounded, some self rising flour, salt, pepper, and a little Mrs. Dash. 
I used 4 cups of self rising flour, butter, 1/3 cups of lard I rendered, tbsp sugar and 2 1/2 cups of sweet milk

I mixed it till I got it the way I wanted. 

Put dough on a plate or countertop with some flour and lightly fold over a few times. 

Pinch off a piece of dough and place on a buttered cookie sheet



Coat the top with lots of butter and bake at 415 degrees until golden brown  and done. 



Biscuit with honey and butter. 

2 comments: