Friday, June 12, 2015

Little story that happen on the farm today.  I was sitting on the couch and I saw this big ole red cow running pass the door and with a dog on her tail.    Our daughters dog is a blue heeler, so I guess he was doing his job by chasing her.   He needs to learn the right way tho.    I thought to myself, what in the world is going on.   Well earlier in the day,  I kept hearing a cow bawling up the holler when I was hanging clothes on the line, I thought one of the cows calves lost her and they were bawling for each.  Nope, our milk cow blossom, had gotten out of the pasture some how and came down to the house.  Guess she wanted to visit or something. lol  We finally got her back up the hill and into the pasture back to her calf.  Her calf was very happy to see her mommy.  One of the joys of farming, when you livestock gets out and you have to chase them. We have gotten pretty good at chasing. lol  We did, however, have a feeder steer get out on us and we never did get it back up.  It took off into the woods and we never could catch him and no clue where he went.   We had only had him about 2 or 3 weeks.
Miss Blossom.  Thank goodness, she is tame and was easy to get back up.  But going up that steep hill wasn't fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment