Sunday, June 7, 2015

I was finally able to can some red beans today, I have been trying to get them canned for over week now.  We have been so busy with farm work, the pigs, the garden,  hubby working out-of-town and I have been busy with my dog grooming business.   I ended up with 16 pts., and have some navy bean, black beans and pintos I'm going to try and get canned this week.
I use 1/2 tsp each of  cajun seasoning, creole seasoning,  dehydrated onions and celery, salt.  Then I mixed up beef bullion with hot water and poured over the beans.  Put lids on and into the pressure canner.     Pressure canned at 10lb pressure for 75mins.  

2 comments:

  1. This sounds easy! I have some dry beans I thought maybe I should get them canned up. Now that the hot weather is here should probably do some early morning canning. By the By Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm new to blogging. I have enjoyed reading you blog and a couple of others. Maybe I will get the hang of it. Yes, it is easy to can the beans. My hubby loves red beans and rice. He is the only one that will eat them. I will add some smoked summer sauage to it when I fix it for him

    ReplyDelete