Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A simpler life

One of the things we are working on is getting back to a simpler life.   We are always looking for ways to make life on the farm, simpler and easier to do.   Farm work gets harder on us as we get older, but it is hard to just give up something you were raised up doing, hard to get it out of your blood.  We enjoy living on a farm, it is hard work a times,  but I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life.  My husband does work a full-time job and he does work out-of-town alot.  When he is out-of-town working, leaves all the work up to the kids and me to do.

I look forward to the time when he is retired and we can enjoy the farm more.  I would love for us to go back, to like things were when we was growing up.  Wish our kids could experience it.   I remember going to bed at night in the summer time, windows opened up, front door open with the just screen door. You could feel the nice cool air coming in and hear the frogs, and owls at night.  So peaceful and relaxing.   Just sitting on the front porch during a rain, and listening to it the hit the tin roof.  We still get to enjoy that.  Sitting on porch in the swing watching the rain.  I miss the days my mamaw would spend all day baking pies, and the smell of them baking.  She made the best pies.  She always told me to learn to make pies, cause one day I would marry a man who loves pies.  She was right, I did marry a man who loves pies, but he also loves cakes and cobblers too.   I did learn to make pies, not as good as hers, but my hubby like them.

I hope I can share with you all our journey to living a more simpler farm life.   I'm new to blogging, and I'm still trying to figure it all out.   I would love to share recipes, canning, baking, sewing, farm work and animals and how we do these things with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment