Friday, June 26, 2015

Black raspberry dumplins for dinner.

  My uncle brought me up some nice zuchinni from his garden today, and I thought fried zucchini would be good for dinner, then I remember about the big bowl full  of black raspberries in the frig that our daughter had picked a couple of days ago.  Then I thought, raspberry dumplins, fried zucchini, fried taters, cucumber and onions would make a really good dinner.    When I make dumplins, I always make the fluffy kind, that is what our family likes the best. 


I start my raspberries in a pot cover with water.  Usually about half way up.  I add a cup of sugar.   Sorry I didn't measure anything. I have made dumplins like this for a long time and I can pretty well guess everything.  Then I bring them to a boil and let them cook down, then I add my dough for the dumplins.   I use self-rising flour, egg, couple tbsp of sugar, and milk.  Mix well and then drop in the  pot  by the spoonful.   Cover and don't remove the lid at all, until you time is up.  I turn down the heat and cook for 14 mins.   My grandmother always said the secret to fluffy dumplins is to not remove you lid while they are cooking even if stuff is boiling out from the lid.   She said if you take the lid off before you time is up, you will have blue dumplins.  Why she called them that I have no clue, but your dumplins will be tough.   So I have always done what she said to do.   She sure made a lot of dumplins in her time. 



Here they are done.  I had just removed them from the stove. 


Frying up some tators, with onions.   I add salt, pepper and some Mrs. Dash seasoning all to taste.  

Fried tators and onions done. 


I sliced up some zucchini, coated in oil with a little milk, then rolled in cornmeal,( I like a course ground meal, taste so much better) and  fried them up in my electric skillet.   
Fried zucchini. 


Cucumbers and onions.  When to the garden today and 
 was able to find some nice cucumbers.  Decide to cut them up and added onions, vinegar, salt and pepper.  Added a little water and sugar.  Love to eat them this way. 

 Yum, dinner. 








No comments:

Post a Comment