Monday, July 6, 2015

Canning and dehydrating time.

I started getting my stuff out and cleaning it up, and  ready to go for the garden stuff coming on.   Looks like I will be canning green beans this coming week and probably green tomatoes.   I haven't been able to get out in the  garden much because of my knee I hurt over a week ago.  I  go Monday for an mri, and  hopefully they find out what is going on.  But anyway, I got the dehydrator out tonight and started dehydrating zuchinni.

I just thinly slice them and put on the dehydrating trays and started the dehydrator.    I have seen where some people season their zucchini, I have never tried that before, but I think, I might try it on the next batch.  Unless something happens, I will have a bunch of zucchini and summer squash.  
 
Having a time keeping a momma deer and her baby out of the garden this year.    She has her baby bedded down in the field in front of our garden.   Guess she knew where to start staying, and they could eat good.  Japanese beetles are awful this year.   I can remember them when I was little and then seems like for a few years we never saw any and now they are back.   They have just about ate the leaves off my beans.   Between all the rain, and my knee injury, I haven't been able to get out and work in the garden, like I need to be.  The weeds are taking over, as well.   Always something on a farm.  I'm always thankful with what we are blessed with and we always have plenty.

I also made some zucchini bread.  I plan on baking up some more loaves and putting them in the freezer.     


No comments:

Post a Comment