Monday, August 3, 2015

What's been going on.

It has been a while since I have posted anything.   It has been kinda crazy around here the last couple of weeks.   I had been trying to get some canning done, not that I have had much to can.   I had several dogs to groom, 4h spaghetti dinner we had to get ready for and prepare and then, on Wednesday, I started getting this really bad pain on my right side.  I kept working through the day, grooming a dog, cleaning, and when hubby got home we worked on building a  large cage in one of the chicken coops, so we could turn out some of our chickens that had gotten to big from the small cages they were in.  By 11 pm that night, I was really in pain, and called my mom to take me to the ER.   They did a CT scan, and come to find out it was my appendix.   So, they admitted me to the hospital and Thursday evening, I went into surgery to have my appendix removed.   Doctor said, it was a mess.  I finally got to come home Saturday morning.  That is two surgeries in less than a year for me.  
I am still having some pain, and my tummy is messed up from all the meds..  So glad, they found it out before it ruptured.  



Before I went in to have surgery.  We had gathered a bunch of green tomatoes and some ripe ones.  I wasn't able to get them canned, so yesterday, I made some homemade tomato soup.  It turned out pretty good.   I will probably be eating on it some the next couple of days, since I can't eat much.  

 Some more green tomatoes I canned.  I ended up with 7 pints. 
Some tomato juice I was able to can up.  Sure wish I was able to have gotten more canned.   

 I thought it turned out pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment